Questions & Answers
- Q: Can I use Clownfish to change my voice in other applications ( not Skype )?
Clownfish voice changer supports only Skype. There is a new project with similar voice possibilities - Clownfish for Teamspeak.
- Q: Voice changer/Music player is not working correct.
Skype versions 6.10,6.11,6.12 and 6.13 have a bug which disables voice changer/music player in Clownfish. To solve the problem you have to upgrade to latest Skype version.
- Q: Skype shows a warning: API - We want to let you know that your Clownfish.exe application will stop working with Skype, starting in December 2013.
The problem comes from Skype. They are going to decommission their Desktop API. Sadly Clownfish relies on it.
We are working on a version using SkypeKit. It's not possible to port everything, but it looks promising.
We will try to make first experimental version before December. So stay tuned.
For more information click here .
- Q: I've denied Skype access by accident. What to do?
Open Skype Menu -> Skype Options --> Advanced Settings. At the BOTTOM of Advanced Setting --> Manage other programs's access to Skype --> Change --> Allow Clownfish to use Skype.
- Q: How can I add/remove spellcheck dictionaries?
- A: Visit this link and download selected spellcheckers. Installation is easy, just keep pressing "next". For manual installation you can read help section in 'Spell Check' menu.
In general Clownfish spellcheckers are compatible with OpenOffice dictionaries.
- Q: Do you support different interface languages?
- A: Not yet. Currently only english GUI is available.
- Q: Who is going to use Clownfish anyway?
- A: Everyone should use it! Especially if you plan to talk
with people from all over the World.
- Q: Are you going to make a version for Linux?
- A: We've already have one. Some day linux release will get all the features of his big brother :-)
- Q: Can I ask for some application extension?
- A: Yes, you can.
- Q: Can I configure the AI Talk Robot?
- A: Yes, it is possible to create and use your own robot. Just visit pandorabots.com to create, manage and modify your robot. Don't forget to configure Clownfish to use your robot ( Options section )
- Q: Can Clownfish handle more skypes instances running on one machine?
- A: Yes, it can work with all of them. For best results you have to start Clownfish after you've started all skype instances.
- Q: Why have you changed the domain name from skypefish.com?
- A: Well, Skype Technologies S.A does not allow using 'SKYPE' word to anyone :-)
- Q: What is Voice Changer?
- A: This little thing will modify your voice while you are in Skype conversation. Some effects will make your voice very strange and funny.
- Q: Can I play background music in a voice talk?
- A: Yes, you can! Just go to Voice Changer->Music menu, browse your favourite music file, select preferred music volume. Now your voice calls will be unique.
- Q: Why menu translations are so weird?
- A: Because in this first localized version automatic translation was used. If you want to improve menu translation, visit feedback page.
- Q: What is Encrypt Message mode and how is it working?
- A: It's a way to encrypt your outgoing messages. Secured channel is made over the existing Skype connection. Eavesdropping will not be possible any more. The receiver must have clownfish installed to be able to decrypt incoming message.
- Q: What is this autodetection of "translate to" language?
- A: We've added recognition of user native language , based on Skype's profile data. Using this information you can force the translator to switch automatically to user's language. For example you will be able to chat with russian and italian girl at the same time without need to switch every time the "translate to" language.
- Q: What is "User translation filter"?
- A: Here you can define preferred language for each person in your Skype contacts. For example you can say that you want talk with Peter in Polish and with Mary in German. So Clownfish will translate messages according to this settings. If you put an user in DISABLED mode the translations from and to this person will be blocked.
- Q: What are "VST Effects"?
- A: In general this is another way to modify your voice during Skype voice call. Check here for more information - VST Effect support
- Q: What to do if Clownfish is crashing on start?
- A: Seems that something is broken. You can try to uninstall Clownfish, reboot your PC and install application again. It could help :)
- Q: What is "Skype Intergration" option in preferences?
- A: There are two ways to show translated messages. The older way "Edit message mode" replaced the original message with new one. It looks good, but it was not very reliable. The edited message in some cases will not be send via Skype. Now the default option is "New message mode" - much more reliable. In this mode a new message is send for every translation. You can experiment with both and see what is good for you.
- Q: What is "Cooperative mode" ?
- A: A lot of people ask me to do Clownfish for iOS, Android and other devices. The problem is that on these devices there is no Skype API available.
The idea behind Cooperative mode is simple - you run Clownfish on Windows PC with Skype running and you start your Skype client on your mobile device too. In this configuration every message you send/receive on you mobile will be also received by Window's Skype ( and translated by Clownfish ). So the message will be send by mobile, translation will be done by desktop PC ( Clownfish ) and added to you chat. All will be transparent for you. Hope you got the idea :-)
© 2010-2014 Shark Labs, Sofia